3.19.2012

a spring afternoon


In just two short months, I will graduate from the University of Texas at Austin with two degrees. Where did the time go? I don’t even feel like I am old enough to earn that honor (although the man hours I logged sure do make up for that feeling!). I am still living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment I have here in Austin. This place I have called home has been good to me, and I feel, although I will be leaving very shortly, that I will someday return and come to enjoy it all the more.

As you can imagine, I am preparing for the “big move” by minimizing my stuff, which may mean there is a garage sale in store in the coming months! I am also gathering support for my summer in Portland. This means not only am I asking my comrades to rally for my cause, but I am also spending a good chunk of my own time AND money for this adventure. As a part of serving with Go Now, the students are required to give sacrificially for their own and other students’ trips. My sacrificial giving portion is coming form babysitting. It is my current trade skill, and a good one at that. I get to have fun playing with kids, eating snow cones, going to the movies, etc. and I collect my pay at the end of the day. So far I have contributed the largest portion of my support so far in this way. It is not strenuous; rather it feels good to be contributing to the Kingdom by intentionally apportioning my income to serving the Kingdom. It’s almost like working hard to tithe. Crazy, huh? Who does that?

There are times when I do feel anxious about arriving, and not feeling content with the journey. However, this posture has been thwarted by the Lord and replaced with JOY! I love that I get to live in a gorgeous place with beautiful people. My community has been nothing short of supportive and active in my life. It is phenomenal to have such a group of loving people surrounding me. Absolutely a stunning picture of the gospel!

I just wanted to keep up with my life here and put into practice this consistency of blogging. I hope this post finds you well and that you are taking pleasure in the exquisite spring weather! And one last thing to leave you with: Top 10 Reasons to Fly to Portland, Oregon Right Now.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. If i was a kid still, I'd be so jealous of the kids you take care of. You are probably the most fun babysitter ever!

    ReplyDelete